When you decide to choose the design department Eyedea Worx to design your packaging project, you put your image in the qualified hands of our graphic design team. Our team combines marketing-savvy and award-winning packaging design. We review the materials and eyedeas you submit and work from there to create a package design. We'll then email you preliminary proofs for your approval (And then hard copy proof upon request). It is important to our graphix team that you are satisfied with your design, so you can be assured that we will not print your project until we receive your approval.
If you prefer to supply your own design, we'll check your files to make sure the resolution, crop marks, folds, bleeds, and other specifications are perfect. If you happen to find a minor error we will allow the opportunity to revise and resubmit your project. After completion done, we'll overnight you a proof to make sure everything is to your liking before we go to print. No matter what, you are in complete control of the process.
At Eyedea Worx, we know that even when it's your design, it's our reputation. To help make your project perfect, it is important to follow the following guidelines:
Donít fool around with your design. We recommend that you get our complete specifications and templates before beginning your design. These are available two ways:
- Download templates from our Web site.
- Call 800.973.9383 and ask your account manager to e-mail you the templates you need.
These templates are essential for the smooth processing of your project. Files supplied that do not use our templates may require extra preparation. If you supply files or any design work that is not in an Eyedea Worx template, please add $75 and 3 days to your package price and turnaround.
Click here for templates.
Our preferred supported design programs (for Mac and PC) are:
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe InDesign
At this time, we cannot accept Microsoft Publisher because it is not set up for color separations, a necessary function for high quality printing.
Along with your files, please provide:
- A hard copy printout of all pieces for our reference if specific color matching is necessary.
- Special instructions, i.e. additional scans required, folding mock-up, etc.
Supplied Design Checklist
- Use Eyedea Worx templates.
- Create the file to size at 300 ppi\dpi
- Allow proper bleed (1/8").
- Keep all type within 1/8" safety/live area.
- Define all colors as CMYK (or PMS if applicable).
- Check that supplied documents are correct size, with crop and fold marks.
- Save as CMYK, grayscale, or bitmap color mode. Please no RGB, index color, etc.
- Make sure resolution at size is okay. 300 dpi for color/grayscale (200 dpi min)
- Make sure all linked files are editable.
- Please outline or supply all fonts used in your layered files.
- Supply all fonts (plain, bold, italic, etc.) used.
PostScript fonts have a printer file and a screen font file. TrueType fonts have only one file.